This article is for contest purpose and Idongesit Akpan is contestant no.3 in the 1st Edition of TEACH DE WORLD writing contest with the topic “How To Be Focused And Productive In Life”. To vote for her, scroll down to the end of the content and hit the like button. Read her article below:
Focus and productivity are intertwined terminologies that play a huge role in our lives. Focus entails concentration, devotion, and attention. Meanwhile, productivity is the state of being useful, fertile or efficient; yielding good or useful results.
Focus precedes productivity. Before one can be productive, he/she has to foremost attain focus.
In this article, possible ways to maintain focus and become productive will be discussed.
1. Set a goal: Have a vision and determine to accomplish the mission. Joel A. Baker said, ” Vision without action is merely a dream…”
After setting goals, you should eliminate all hindrances and distractions. Human or object, if they prove stagnant to your growth, it is best to let them be.
2. Eat healthy: The human body can be likened to an engine which runs on fuel. With the right oils, it runs perfectly. The best way to to get productive through meals is to always start your day with breakfast; this is very essential. Food like berries, caffeine, fish, chocolates, avocados, grains, sugar, and nuts can enhance alertness. Learn to eat with moderation; do not eat too little, and do not overfeed.
3. Music and books: Recent researches have discovered that listening to music you enjoy can boost your mood, and increase your mental focus and improves productivity.
Reading books can strengthen focus and attention. It helps to relieve stress. A book like, ” The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People ” by Stephen R. Covey, is a must read for any who would to like gain productiveness.
4. Positive thinking: When you are surrounded with positivity, you get enhanced creativity, staying focused, and overall mental productivity. Negative emotions or thinking can never result in any good.
5. Rest: Depriving yourself of sleep subjects you to lower alertness and concentration. It is best to have at least 7-8 hours of sleep every night if you plan to stay focused during the day. Make this night plan your daily routine.
Focus is prerequisite for productivity. Without it, there is bound to be inefficacy. Great men and women have been through consistent focus which produced excellent results, with the likes of Dangote, Achebe, Zuckerberg, Marksman, and many more.
One, two, or more of the steps mentioned above could be of great help if you plan to be focused and productive in life. Remember that the first step is to greatness is focus.
CLICK HERE to read other contestants articles.